Sunday 24 June 2018

Adventures with Antennas (the Dipole)

Adventures with Antennas (the Dipole)

(playing with wires)

As all the HF radio equipment I use is QRP, I tinkered with the usual inverted V configuration. Mine is constructed using scaffolding poles, aluminum sections and lots of concrete with a pivot base. Just cos it pivots, doesn't mean it is easy to lower and raise. 


There are 2 antennas in the picture, the inverted V is the silver one. The apex is 10mtrs and it has a 20M and 40M HF dipole elements attached.

Its pretty much tuned for the 2 bands I want to use, but the LDG Z-11 Pro autotuner I use will make a match of a wet piece of string. 

The other antenna shown is a random wire experiment as it was the first time I have ventured in to the world of the UnUn.















But first, the Dipole; from the antenna analyser, its tuned for the frequencies I want. -perfect-






















showing the HF spectrum from the analyser, the two resonant frequencies where tbe impedance is 50ohms or there about is shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment