Sunday 3 January 2021

HomeAssistant - ESPHome IR Controller SkyQ

 Using ESPHome IR for SkyQ

Using the ESPHome project, the Infrared plugin allows me to control my TV, Soundbox and SkyQ devices quite easily.
 

The Build

A simple build.. two IR transmitters and an optional IR receiver which I used to read the codes from my existing IR remote.

The ESP32 doesn't source enough current to light up the LED's to be useful, but a simple transistor driver solves that. I wont elaborate more as here is a link to a website that explains it better. Driving an IR

The diagram I used

The YAML

 
The IR.YAML link below contains the configuration for many of the keys.
 
Download the file and edit. Set your SSID and password. Customise for your GPIO input/outputs and run.
 
 

HomeAssistant




 

No comments:

Post a Comment